251-645-2050 for personal assistance in selecting your parts.
Red Rhino Parts
Tech Tip #2
Engine Assembly for OMC Engines
New Page 1
• Install .0002" larger jets in carburetors.
• Max timing MUST be retarded 2 degrees.
• Max timing MUST be set with engine running over 4500 RPM & under load. DO
NOT STATIC SET MAX TIMING.
• Re-torque cylinder heads to specs.
• After 1 hour of break-in, allow engine to cool and retorque heads.
• On 3 Cylinder engines, replace water pump with new high pressure water
• On 3 Cylinder engines, drill and relocate overboard sensors.
• On 3 Cylinder engines, check latest OMC service bulletins and jet
carburetors accordingly. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
• Use 92-94 octane premium fuel.
• Clean and refill oil tank with TCW-3 oil.
• Mark oil tank to verify oil comsumption during double oil usage of
• Run double oil during the first 30 gallons of fuel.
• If running oil injection use 1 pint oil per 6 gallons gas.
• If no oil injection, use 1 quart oil per 6 gallons gas.
• OBR recommends installing water pressure gauge to monitor water flow.
• OBR suggests removal of oil injection system or updating to latest VRO
• OBR recommends you replace water pump and gasket at time of powerhead
replacement and every 2 years afterwards.
following these instructions will aid in the proper assembly & break-in of
your OMC engine
If you have any questions or comments,
let us know!